There’s no better place to experience African talent and creativity than at Design Indaba Expo – the biggest and most varied showcase of exceptional locally produced design across all disciplines, including architecture and spatial design, communication design (advertising, graphic design, illustration, publishing), design for social impact, digital design, industrial design, fashion and accessories, furniture, handmade goods, homeware and jewellery.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT DESIGN INDABA
- A retail destination like no other – combining emerging and established designers in the fashion, jewellery, furniture, homeware, handmade and architecture sectors, all in one place at one time
- Designs that are quintessentially African – no derivatives and no imported products
- A tightly and expertly curated showcase of creative work, selected by a panel of South African industry professionals
- An opportunity for local and international buyers to source the latest, high-quality products, making Design Indaba one of their key shopping destinations and creating a platform for productive trade relationships
- An exciting and varied Events Arena Programme including fashion shows presented by the Cape Town Fashion Council, Award Ceremonies, workshops, trend analyses and talks
- A week-long festival of creativity comprising the Design Indaba Conference, Expo, FilmFest, Music and Art, as well as educational and trend-forecasting workshops and more
We decided to piece together the buzz prior leading to the expo and how it went from those who were there, spoke about it during and after. Check it out.
Cover image above is subject to copyright (c) Design Indaba
Design Indaba Expo 2015 took place from Friday 27 February to Sunday 1 March 2015 (Buyers Day 26 February) at the Cape Town International Convention Centre. Check it out! #designindaba